The Sworkit Student Engagement Portal provides teachers, coaches and administrators with the ability to create different groups and classes within the Admin Portal to make it easier to manage student participation.
FOLLOW THESE STEPS IF YOUR STUDENTS ALREADY HAVE A SWORKIT ACCOUNT:
2. To create a new group or class, click the orange “+” button in the top right corner.
3. Create your group or class by giving it a name. See best practices for group or class name organization here.
4. In the top right corner, click the icon that looks like a pen with a pad of paper. Once you click, you’ll be provided with four different options: Add Members by UID, Name your group (if you want to change the name of your group), Add/Edit Members, Delete (if you want to delete the group). If you want to add/edit members of the group or class, select Add/Edit Members.
5. Once you’ve selected Add/Edit Members, you’ll be able to add students ONLY IF they have already created their Sworkit account with your school code or link. You can search ALL students by scrolling down or typing the name in the search box. You can edit the students in the group or class by clicking the GROUP tab. Finally, if you want to see students that have not yet been assigned to a group or class, click the NO GROUP tab.
6. To add the student, select the button that says “ADD TO “YOUR GROUP OR CLASS NAME” and that student will be added to the group/class.
7. Select DONE to save the updates.
FOLLOW THESE STEPS IF YOUR STUDENTS DO NOT ALREADY HAVE A SWORKIT ACCOUNT AND YOU WANT TO ADD A SINGLE STUDENT TO A GROUP / CLASS THAT HAS ALREADY BEEN CREATED:
4. Enter First Name, Last Name, Student Email, and then click the drop down Groups and select the groups / classes you’d like to add that particular student to join. You can also customize the language and add a custom message.
5. Once all information has been entered, click SEND INVITE.
FOLLOW THESE STEPS IF YOUR STUDENTS DO NOT ALREADY HAVE A SWORKIT ACCOUNT AND YOU WANT TO ADD MULTIPLE STUDENTS TO YOUR GROUP / CLASS AT ONE TIME:
5. IMPORTANT: If the group has already been created, make sure your group name matches exactly. If the group has NOT already been created, you can include the group name you’d like to create and it will be created when the CSV file is uploaded.
6. Once all information has been entered and the CSV file has been uploaded, click SEND INVITES.
7. Make sure invitees can received email from *@sworkit.com. If they can’t find their invite, have them check their spam folder.
8. Once the student accepts the invite, they will be added to your group / class.